The Kansas Supreme Court appointed four new members and reappointed two others to the Kansas Lawyers Assistance Program Board.
New members are:
- Justin Barrett, a lawyer at Barrett Law Firm, Colby;
- Emily Hartz, a lawyer at Sloan, Eisenbarth, Glassman, McEntire & Jarboe, Lawrence, who will complete an unexpired term ending June 30, 23;
- Judge Micheal Hoelscher, who serves in the 18th Judicial District, which is in Sedgwick County; and
- Brian Leininger, a lawyer at Leininger Law Office, Overland Park.
Barrett, Hoelscher, and Leininger will serve six-year terms that began July 1 and end June 30, 2026.
- Ben Burgess, a retired district judge from Sedgwick County, who will serve a six-year term; and
- Bryan Smith, a lawyer at Smith Law Firm, Topeka, will serve through June 20, 2025.
To see the full press release, click here.