KALAP is asking everyone to Take 5 to Save Lives! In honor of National Suicide Prevention Month this September, KALAP has Partnered with Take 5 to Save Lives, a public awareness campaign run by the National Council for Suicide Prevention in support of public awareness events including World Suicide Prevention Day, National Suicide Prevention Month, and National Suicide Prevention Week. The goal of the campaign is to encourage everyone to take five action steps that focus on preventing the tragedy of suicide. Check out take5tosavelives.org to learn more. The five steps include:
- LEARN the warning signs, risk factors, and protective factors of suicide. Learning the warning signs, risk factors, and protective factors of suicide will better prepare you to take action and could help save a life.
- KNOW how to help yourself and others who may be struggling. By knowing exactly what to say and do, you’ll be ready to act and keep yourself, your friends, and your family safe.
- DO raise awareness, advocate for change, volunteer, and practice self-care. Learn ways you can bring the suicide prevention movement to your school, workplace, or entire community.
- TALK about suicide, dispel myths, and reduce stigma. Learn how talking about suicide safely and responsibly can reduce negative stigma and lead to increased help-seeking.
- SHARE Take 5 to Save Lives with others. Help spread the word about Take 5 to Save Lives. Pledge to share the campaign with at least 5 people using the Take 5 toolkit!
Make a difference by taking these 5 easy action steps and joining a worldwide movement to save lives. Visit the toolkit section of the website for more information on how you can support and share the Take 5 campaign.