Our law practice management program encourages best business practices and provides a resource-based framework to improve a lawyer’s ability to manage their practice. The program is designed to alleviate practice stress, improve lawyer client relationships, and enhance career satisfaction. At KALAP, we have witnessed the direct link between law practice management related issues, lawyer well-being, and attorney discipline. As a result, we strive to be a resource for Kansas lawyers for information and help with better managing the practice of law and improving their work-life balance through law practice management related skills.
KALAP’s law practice management consultations can cover any topics you need help with. Popular topics include business and succession planning, time management, productivity, technology, staffing, career development, and more. Your consultation can cover a range of topics or focus more extensively on a topic of your choice, entirely dependent on your needs. To schedule a time to speak with KALAP staff, call 785-368-8275.
Kansas Bar Association Law Practice Management and Tech Tips Blog
- IBA Survey on Lawyer Well-BeingBy Danielle M. Hall, Executive Director, Kansas Lawyers Assistance Program The International Bar Association (IBA) has embarked on a global project aimed at addressing the mental wellbeing of legal professionals as COVID-19 exacerbates tensions in professional and personal lives. The key initial phase of the project consists of two global surveys – one for individual lawyers, the […]
- Quick Tip: Look Out for Phishing EmailsBy Danielle M. Hall, Executive Director, Kansas Lawyers Assistance Program Click image for full size In the wake of COVID-19 and working from home, instances of phishing emails have been on the rise for the last several months. This new environment has essentially created the perfect storm—employees working from home, the need to stay […]
- Quick Tip: Is Your Website Accessible?By Danielle M. Hall, Executive Director, KALAP Click image for full size The Internet is an increasingly important resource for many aspects of our daily lives, such as work, education, healthcare, and even recreation. The Internet is also how potential clients find lawyers. In fact, according a 2014 survey conducted by FindLaw.com, using the internet […]
- Technology Tip: Casemaker vs. Casemaker4—Here's the differenceBy Danielle M. Hall, Executive Director, KALAP Hopefully after last week’s post you took an opportunity to test drive Casemaker4. This week we take a deep dive into the upgraded platform. The home page design is a little different, but still retains the elements you are probably familiar with. The changes to the home page, […]
- Technology Quick Tip: Still haven't tried Casemaker4? NOW is the time to take it for a test drive.By Danielle M. Hall, Executive Director, KALAP Did you know that with your KBA membership you get access to the legal research tool Casemaker through the KBA website? Also, did you know Casemaker has upgraded its platform to Casemaker4? If you are still using the old version of Casemaker, now is the time to become […]
- Quick Tip: Understanding and Using SWOT AnalysisBy Danielle M. Hall, Executive Director, KALAP Click image for full size SWOT analysis is a simple framework that can be used to assess your office’s current position before deciding on any new strategy and is often used by major companies to develop strategic planning. This framework, however, can also be used to guide the […]
- ABA Issues New Ethics Opinion on Obligations to Prospective ClientsBy Danielle M. Hall, Executive Director, KALAP Click image for full size Last week, on June 9, 2020, the American Bar Association issued Formal Opinion 492 discussing a lawyer’s obligations to prospective clients. The opinion clarifies the duty of confidentiality owed to a prospective client and discusses Model Rule 1.18 to provide guidance on what […]
- Quick Tip: Too Many Tabs Open at Once? Try OneTabBy Danielle M. Hall, Executive Director, KALAP Click image for full size Do you ever find yourself wondering why your computer is running slower than normal? It just might be because you have too many web browser tabs open at once. I have been guilty of this a time or two, simply out of convenience. […]
- Microsoft Word Quick Tip: Using Tables to Create a Certificate of ServiceBy Danielle M. Hall, Executive Director, KALAP Click image for full size Hope you will enjoy our first video Microsoft Quick Tip. Be sure to use the comments section to let us know what you think!
- Quick Tip: Reduce the Blue Light Emitted by Your Computer ScreenBy Danielle M. Hall, Executive Director, KALAP Click image for full size Blue light is a harmful type of light that is most often seen in digital screens. When you regularly use devices such as smartphones and computers, this blue light can potentially cause both immediate and long-term damage to your eyes. Additionally, research shows […]