Our law practice management program encourages best business practices and provides a resource-based framework to improve a lawyer’s ability to manage their practice. The program is designed to alleviate practice stress, improve lawyer client relationships, and enhance career satisfaction. At KALAP, we have witnessed the direct link between law practice management related issues, lawyer well-being, and attorney discipline. As a result, we strive to be a resource for Kansas lawyers for information and help with better managing the practice of law and improving their work-life balance through law practice management related skills.
KALAP’s law practice management consultations can cover any topics you need help with. Popular topics include business and succession planning, time management, productivity, technology, staffing, career development, and more. Your consultation can cover a range of topics or focus more extensively on a topic of your choice, entirely dependent on your needs. To schedule a time to speak with KALAP staff, call 785-368-8275.
Kansas Bar Association Law Practice Management and Tech Tips Blog
- Quick Tip: Using Security Features in Adobe AcrobatThis week’s video tip shows how to password protect a PDF and how to remove metadata from your PDF’s by using some of the security features within Adobe Acrobat. To learn more about metadata, please visit our previous blog post.
- Technology Quick Tip: Zoom Video Tutorial LibraryClick image for full size Are you still trying to figure out the best way to navigate your meetings and hearings on Zoom? If you answered yes to this question, know that you are not the only one. As time has passed and I have had to use Zoom every day for one thing or […]
- Casemaker4 Tip: The Search BarClick image for full size This week’s focus is on the Search Bar area of Casemaker4 and how it can help you find exactly what you are looking for. If you have not tried the newest version of your member benefit, you can find instructions here. In the Casemaker4 system, the search function is located at […]
- Zoom Quick Tip: Using the "Push to Talk" Feature During Your Next MeetingClick image for full size Are you tired of fumbling to unmute yourself during Zoom meetings? If so, then I have the tip for you this week—use the "Push to Talk" feature by holding the down spacebar. The "Push to Talk" feature allows the user to remain muted throughout a Zoom meeting and instead of grabbing for your mouse […]
- Quick Tip: Is It Down for Just Me or for Everyone?Click image for full size It has been reported yesterday’s Zoom outage affected millions of users for several hours causing disruptions for businesses and students alike. By 8:30 a.m. yesterday I had received several messages inquiring whether Zoom was also down for me—of course, it was. There was nothing I could do about the outage, […]
- Microsoft Word VIDEO Quick Tip: How to Combine Tracked Changes from Multiple EditorsWatch this instructional video to learn how to view changes to your document by multiple editors, to combine them and keep them. View the 2018 post referred to in the video: https://www.ksbar.org/blogpost/1106646/307983/How-to-Combine-Track-Changes-from-Multiple-Authors?hhSearchTerms=%22combine%22&terms=
- Quick Tip: Scheduling ApplicationsI am sure we have all been there before, you receive (or maybe you’re the one sending) the dreaded “when are you available for a meeting” email. I am sure you have tried/seen everything from the when are you available to the when are you NOT available. The result, however, tends to be the same—multiple […]
- IBA Survey on Lawyer Well-BeingBy Danielle M. Hall, Executive Director, Kansas Lawyers Assistance Program The International Bar Association (IBA) has embarked on a global project aimed at addressing the mental wellbeing of legal professionals as COVID-19 exacerbates tensions in professional and personal lives. The key initial phase of the project consists of two global surveys – one for individual lawyers, the […]
- Quick Tip: Look Out for Phishing EmailsBy Danielle M. Hall, Executive Director, Kansas Lawyers Assistance Program Click image for full size In the wake of COVID-19 and working from home, instances of phishing emails have been on the rise for the last several months. This new environment has essentially created the perfect storm—employees working from home, the need to stay […]
- Quick Tip: Is Your Website Accessible?By Danielle M. Hall, Executive Director, KALAP Click image for full size The Internet is an increasingly important resource for many aspects of our daily lives, such as work, education, healthcare, and even recreation. The Internet is also how potential clients find lawyers. In fact, according a 2014 survey conducted by FindLaw.com, using the internet […]